Saturday, February 13, 2010

Feb 13: Crochet Heart Garland (Love) - COMPLETE

Pattern #44: Crochet Heart Garland

Remember our heart pin pattern from Wednesday? This pattern from Cindy [at Skip to my Lou] is a spinoff on that. It should really be called a project, more than a pattern. Basically you made a bunch of those hearts and join them together. Only Cindy added another row to make them bigger. I am going to make these my own way -- which is a new concept for me. I am a stickler for rules, that I always feel like I need to follow a pattern exactly (especially for this project). However, the exact pattern might not be right for me. So I am going to make this chain with 3 different sizes of hearts, and feel more comfortable crocheting other things differently (like making a beanie bigger or smaller than the pattern, so it fits me!)

A pile of hearts:


The finished chain (close up and then a shot of the whole mantle):



(I chose to use a little pink as well, I thought it gave it an extra kick!)

1 comment:

  1. Nice twist!
    I made these and made variations also.
    http://djscraftyneedle.blogspot.com/

    I just found your blog and I'm loving looking through all your projects.. gives me inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thanks for leaving a word to let me know you are reading! :)