Monday, August 16, 2010

August 16: Warm Up America & Shell Stitch Afghan Square

Today's featured charity is one that I first crocheted for about 13 years ago, when I was in Junior High, Warm Up America. With this organization, you knit or crochet a certain size (7" x 9" rectangle) and donate it to the organization.  They then sew it together to other people's rectangles to make a blanket.  If you have a large group, you can make and donate your own blankets in the company's name. 


Pattern # 228:  Shell Stitch Afghan Square

While any stitch can be used to make a square for Warm Up America, I would love to make this shell stitch one.  I have never made this stitch before, so it would be fun to learn.  Oh yeah, and if you click on the link then scroll down to see the pattern.  :)

Picture from Ravelry (user: MadCityCrocheter):


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thanks for leaving a word to let me know you are reading! :)