Monday, January 14, 2013

2013 Goals

It is 2013. It has been 2013 for two weeks now, but who's counting? As one year turned to the next, I felt the urge to create goals. The need to be accountable to something. The desire to "better myself." I do not know if these will make that happen, but a girl can dream. I've come up with this list of things I want to do or accomplish (I also created a 29 before 29 list), and in doing that I have realized it is about so much more than checking things off. I want to grow nearer to my Lord this year. I want to have fruit from my relationship with Him. I want that to be the overwhelming change of this year. But I'll still create my list, because, who am I kidding, I love lists!


Also, I want to have more fun, be goofy, let loose! Life's not as serious as I make it out to be!

Personal
  • Start a new blog (there has been talk of this for awhile, I will keep you posted)!
  • Read a few good books (including Practical Paleo, Created to Be His Help Meet, and more!)
  • Have a daily quiet time
Financial
  • Pay off credit card and at least one loan
  • Save up for a new (to me) car
Health
  • Eat paleo for two to four weeks
  • Run a 5k
Relational
  • Go on bi-weekly date nights with Matthew
  • Be intentional with friendships
We shall see what happens with these. I would love to look back in 2014 and see how much I have grown. What fruit has come of my relationship with my Savior. I cannot wait to see!

1 comment:

  1. Megan you should add The Power of a Praying Wife to your reading list! I just started it and it's amazing. Love you, Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thanks for leaving a word to let me know you are reading! :)