Friday, January 1, 2010

Jan 1: 5 1/2 Hour Throw - COMPLETED

Today is my first day of posting patterns! I decided to start with a big project.

Here is pattern #1, a 5 1/2 hour throw from Lion Brand. I have made a blanket before, but it was pretty basic, a mixture of single and double crochet, using 3 different strands of yarn and a GIANT hook. I am excited to try something with a different look.

I finished this blanket pretty quickly, but definitely not in 5 1/2 hours! It turned out a bit smaller than they say, because my stitches are tight, and I did not use fringe (Matthew voted for no fringe). This is still a beautiful lap blanket. I'm giving it away as a wedding gift and I hope they love it!

I used a Q hook and Lion Brand "Wool-Ease Thick & Quick" yarn in the color Grass.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thanks for leaving a word to let me know you are reading! :)