Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mar 17: Shamrock Garland (St Patrick's Day) - COMPLETE

Pattern #76: Shamrock Pin / Garland

Happy St Patricks Day! I hope you are wearing green today! My plan is to make a few of these single shamrocks into pins - then no one can pinch me! hahaha I want to make a small garland to hang over the mantle as well. This pattern is from Suzie, who made the hearts that we used for our heart garland. This does have a similar feel to it, doesn't it?

First, I made a tiny version (my own knockoff of her pattern) using a C hook for a necklace charm. Of course I forgot to put it on a jump ring & black corded necklace last night, so I cut a paperclip apart and just attached it to my gorgeous green necklace from my mom.



Here is a comparison of my regular sized one (followed pattern) and my little tiny one.



The pile of shamrocks so far (Can you tell which one is different and why?):



I finished the project! I used a very lightweight yarn, so the shamrocks are much smaller than hers. I had to go down to a G hook as well. I like the small, quaintness of it. To see another version of the chain, check out Skip to My Lou's.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thanks for leaving a word to let me know you are reading! :)