Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mar 16: Pot O Gold - COMPLETED

Pattern #75: Pot O Gold

If only this pot came filled with gold! haha This would be a fun little thing to have sitting around the house for St Patricks Day! I bet you can get fake gold coins at the DT (that's dolla tree), to make it look just right!

--------------

Updated 2/14/2011 - The challenge for this week's Iron Craft was GOLD.  I was not sure what to make, then remembered this pattern.  I thought that I could crochet the "gold" pieces to go in the cauldron.  I messed up the handles, but am too lazy to go back and fix them.  It's not my favorite project in the world, but I do love the way the gold pieces turned out.  I used Super Saver in green for the cauldron and in gold for the coins.  I added a sparkly gold crochet thread to most of the coins.  I also crocheted one tiny coin out of just gold.  Very cute.  We have standing St Patrick's Day celebrations with another couple (this year will be year 5, I think), so this will be some of the decor in the entry way of our home!


The pattern calls for a margerine tub to use as the base.  I don't have one that small (nor have I seen one), so I just made it without anything holding the inside.  I think it turned out just fine!



1 comment:

  1. This is so cute!! Thanks for the pattern. I can't wait to get started on it!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thanks for leaving a word to let me know you are reading! :)