Monday, October 18, 2010

October Crochet Along

Hello lovely readers!  I am so excited to announce our first CED crochet along!  I gave you three options last week, and here is the winner:


It's the pumpkin from Planet June!  Everyone was really excited about this pattern, as well as the pinecone.  I decided that we could do the pumpkin now, and the pinecone later.  I really hope you join me in this crochet along! 

I am also going to do a little giveaway along with this CAL (you know, crochet along!).  You will win your choice of any single Big Girl Jewelry pattern.   I bet you remember seeing my finished scrubby, right?  Well those were BGJ's patterns.  Check out her etsy and have a look around.  You can choose any of her single patterns if you win!  Personally, I LOVE the Chubby Nubby scrubby.  You can also choose one of the three yarn colors below, as well as the card set.

The yarn options & a cute set of cards (they say rest a minute)
Interested?  I will post more details once I start the CAL. But you can get together your supplies. Here is what you need:
  • Pattern (you can print it out or just pull it up online)
  • Yarn - worsted weight in orange and green or brown.  I am going to use Vanna's Choice, because that is what I have leftover from making a couple pumpkin beanies.
  • Size E Crochet Hook
  • Excitement -- to join in on the fun!
I hope you join us.  Leave a note in the comments if you plan on joining.  We will start crocheting next Monday (10/24) and be finished by that Sunday (Halloween!). 

9 comments:

  1. Count me in! I've never done a CAL before. Come to think of it, I've never done an anything along...this'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to join you. It will be my first also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg & Teri - I'm so glad to have you both along for the ride! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in! I've never done a CAL before! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in too, albeit unofficially. I just love the pumpkin and know I won't make it in a reasonable amount of time unless I join you ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed the voting. :( But, I am totally in with the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Count me in! I'm already yarn shopping today, guess I'll just have to grab an orange. Can't wait to do my first CAL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I just foundyou this morning and already have my punkin' made and posted on my blog.

    What FUn ! ! ! ! !! ! !

    I shall follow you to see where you lead . . .LOLOL

    \0/ paula

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining me on my journey, Paula!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thanks for leaving a word to let me know you are reading! :)