Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 21: Cluster Stitch Doily - COMPLETED

Pattern # 264:  Cluster Stitch Doily

How gorgeous is this bad boy?  Very gorgeous, very intricate.  I tried to pick up my hook and make one of these, but chickened out.  I blamed the head cold, said I could not process such tiny stitches.. hehe
------------------------------

Updated 3/21/2013: I finished this last October. It was a birthady gift for my mom. She loves it. It did take me forever to finish it, but I am really happy with how it turned out. The pictures do not do it justice!
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Meg! Here's a tip for making your first lace/doily project less intimidating: Instead of working with an ultra fine thread and tiny hook, try using a very light weight yarn and hook appropriate for that yarn. There's no way I could get my fingers around such a teenie thread or hook, so I may try this one (because it's GORGEOUS!) in yarn and make a tablecloth or decorative throw out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite doily so far...of course it also looks like the most complicated!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thanks for leaving a word to let me know you are reading! :)