Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lion Brand Beginner Patterns

I met up with my friend Bobbi the other day to help her learn to crochet [check out her post about it].  I really don't see myself as able to teach, but it went alright.  I prepared myself by printing out some patterns to go with the yarn I had.  Ready to see my round up of easy but cute Lion Brand patterns for beginners?  They are all with either Homespun or Wool-Ease Thick & Quick, because that is what I  had extra of...

Family of Beanies hat with Thick & Quick. (I think this is the one she chose)

Crochet Newsboy Hat with Thick & Quick

 Windy City Wristers with Homespun

The Belle Scarf with Homespun

True Blue Crocheted Cowl with Thick & Quick.

Spring Fling Crocheted Hat with Thick & Quick

Wharton Wristers with Thick & Quick.

Autumn Crocheted Harvest Hat with Thick & Quick

How do you guys approach teaching crocheting?  And have you made any of these patterns?  Will you?  Also, I just learned about the "paste image by url " feature... I could have saved so much room in my photo folder if I had done that for all of my patterns last year.  Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't actually taught anyone crochet yet. I would love to though! I have made the newsboy hat. But I tend to stick to medium weight yarns instead of the bulky ones. I would like to try those wristers though. They are pretty cute. If you go to my website www.thesteadyhat.com I believe the Brimmed Cap and Suede Cap used the newsboy pattern. You can see more pics on my facebook page as well. There is a link of the homepage of my website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually just teach with washcloths first. But mostly it depends on what that person wants to learn. These projects look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely check out your projects, amazey. And Mindy, good idea with washcloths!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! Thanks for leaving a word to let me know you are reading! :)