Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 15: Pirate Can Cozy - COMPLETED

Pattern #166: Pirate Can Cozy

What more can a dad want than a beer cozy with a pirate on front? Well, if you are my dad then a lot more. But I thought this was a nice and manly pattern. What about you?

This could also work for next week's theme: Grads. My cousins and bro and I all graduated from a high school where the Pirates were our mascot. Maybe these will be Christmas gifts, talk about a fun throwback!

------------------

Updated 12/8/2011: I finished this up for a Christmas gift for my brother this year. I had to make a few adjustments to the pattern, since I crochet tighter than most people. First, I went up a hook size. Second, I added a couple of rows to make it taller, and I used two contrasting colors (our school colors) for the stripes. I hope he likes it!


Arrggghh!


It kinda feels like it needs a mouth or something. Eh. I dunno. It works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thanks for leaving a word to let me know you are reading! :)