Wednesday, October 17, 2012

30 Days to Give Aloha

One of the guys that I graduated with (go Bulldogs!!) has started a blog, The Aipa Project. I love it because it talks about health and fitness AND the Hawaiian lifestyle. If you know my parents, then you know we are into Hawaii (okay, so it's my whole extended family)! We just love the islands, the attire, ukuleles (my dad and mom are in a uke group), the atmosphere -- pretty much everything aloha. The last time we went was in 2010, and I want to go back again very soon. Anyone with me?


I digress... Daniel recently wrote about 30 days to Give Aloha. As he puts it:
Go 30 days straight by sharing the gift of Aloha and then let me know how it has changed your perspective on life or maybe opened up new opportunities. In an earlier piece I mentioned – to live is to givemanawale’a. We must give willingly and freely without any expectation of receiving. This challenge will only work if you get into that mindset while giving Aloha to others.
Pretty awesome, right? [I added the bold]. I am going to challenge myself to 30 days of giving aloha. I'm not sure if I will go in order or just do one thing each day, but I'm excited to start. And I will probably give away some aloha fabric / handmade items in that time as a part of my journey.

With some of my Hawaiian friends in 2010 --
these ladies have taught me a lot about the spirit of aloha!
Do you want to join me in 30 days of Giving Aloha?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thanks for leaving a word to let me know you are reading! :)