Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Star Pattern


There is something fun about a quick and easy project. These stars definitely fit into that category. I love making them when I have just a bit of yarn leftover from a project. Then I can embellish another project, like a coffee cozy, in seconds! The beauty of this project is you can really use any yarn or hook that you desire. And you can mix it up to see what you like best!

Please feel free to use this pattern for personal or small scale sales use. I would appreciate it if you linked back to my pattern if you sell a finished product online. If you sell it at a craft fair, no linkback is necessary. Enough of the small talk, here's what you really want... the pattern!

Star
Supplies:
  • Small amount of yarn.  I like worsted weight, but you can just use whatever you have and adapt the pattern accordingly.
  • Whatever size hook you want, I usually use a G or an H.
Abbreviations:
Ch - Chain
ss - Slip Stitch
sc - single crochet
hdc - half double crochet
dc - double crochet

Instructions:
Round 1 - Ch2, 9 dc in Magic Circle, Join in top chain 2.
Round 2 - Ch1, *sc, [hdc, dc, ch2, dc, hdc],* Repeat around (5 points and 5 sc), join with ss in first sc, fasten off.

Just like that, you're done! Sometimes I starch the stars to make the points really defined, and other times I just leave them as they are. Now you're ready to crochet some fun star embellishments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thanks for leaving a word to let me know you are reading! :)