Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Owlspiration

This post all started with this picture....


That is my friend's ADORABLE baby girl in an owl beanie. She texted the picture to me and said "my friend got this for me, you must learn how to make it, so we can make them in larger sizes."  Thus began my search for all things owl on the web. 

I found this precious onesie on homemade by Jill.  She also has a sweet "i heart santa barbara" onesie.  I am thinking I will make a "left my heart in SF" for myself (a shirt, not a onesie!).

An adorable little owl softie tutorial from The Rubber Punkin.  Picture is from their site as well.


This is not necessarily an owl craft, but I found this cute picture of owl stuffies on Craft Hope.  And I love Craft Hope, so I wanted to share about them anyways.  They basically rally the troops of crafters to coplete good projects.  Right now they are making birthing bags for women in Haiti.  Photo from Candace at Craft Hope.

Jill at Homemade by Jill also made this super cute owl mobile, you can find the tree template in the post.

She got the owl template from Juicy Bits, who made some fabulous owl Christmas ornaments...

Oh, and I guess, lastly, I can show off the blanket that I made for the lil girl.  Her room is forest themed (they didn't know she was a girl until she arrived), so when I found this forest panel and fabric, I HAD to get it.
The forest blanket.  I stitched a few random leaves, instead of quilting the whole thing

Closeup on our feature creature.  Here you can see the stitching on a leaf
There you go, some owlspiration for us all!

------

Edited later that day.  I just realized all of the owl projects were sewn -- and this is mainly a crochet blog!  So here is a little knit and crochet inspiration for you!

A fun, knit owl hat from Ruthie Knits. If I learn to knit, this is definitely going on my to do list -- the faint owls are just adorable!

This knit owl coffee cozy from My Knitting Basket is also going on my "learn to knit, knit this" list!  It seems like a great beginner project!


Not a knitter?  Try this cute little owl from Crochet Me.
picture from user: psylocke on ravelry

Or the amigurimi graduation owl that I posted back in June last year (meaning it is on my list!)


Good luck on all your owl-ventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy! Thanks for leaving a word to let me know you are reading! :)